Friday, November 19, 2010

unknown vessels

Parents. They are who they are. Who ever said they would do right. You, me, them?  Parents. Now, you are a parent. What makes you think you are better than they. Do we not all make mistakes? Do we not wonder, "Why me?" "What did I do that was so wrong?" Now it's us, you and me. All of these years later. And we wonder, " How did they do it?" I know that I do and I have no children.
I know one thing, I lost both of mine. One is still alive and one has passed on. Blessed be to her. The other, I have no clue what to do with ever. He is not my problem. I am my own business now. He has been gone from my life because I want him to be gone, as his son.   He has done nothing for me as a Father. So I have no desires from him as a  my father. I love him. I don't know why, but I do. I never want to let him down, and most definitely, I never want to be him. I will, for respect, always be better than what he was given. He gave his best when he gave to me. He gave me life. For that, I love him.
It comes down to this, Love with all that you are, give greater than you can be, and forgive everything. Because, you may have another day to deal with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment