Sunday, January 2, 2011

"Identity Theft"

I am not talking about credit. I am talking about the actual individual. I have to ask myself every night, at the end of my day, "Who Am I?"   The reason?   Because I want to know if I was more than just here, occupying space.
We grow up with the concept that family is who we are as an individual. Then we are brainwashed further into believing that what we do is who we are also. Once out of high and into our adult lives we maintain the impression by thinking that what we have is of value to the question, " Who am I?".
I have learned from experience that all that is without can be stripped away and I was left there standing alone with nothing or no one. Naked, alone and in the dark. Where is the 80 plus grand a year that I made not just so long ago? Where are family? Mom, frog, siblings? Where is everything that I purchased in the years that I was able to acquire any of it when I was able to do so? Not one of them are here with me now. What is here with me right at this very moment? Myself.   This is the only thing that I have to really deal with every day of my breathing life.  "Who am I?"
When the education, occupation, possession, tradition, family identification, is all gone, I am still here.
Family has given me blood and molded me into the person I either chose to be or chose not to be. Education has given me tools to survive, Possessions have in their own way possessed me.  And money, is it's own evil that has corrupted humans from the beginning.
Another contemplation I have is the difference between "achieving" and "believing".   I know also from experience that I always have what I need.    But I also want what I want and I will do just about anything to get what I want.   But I know the results are never good.   But, when I wait for what I have coming to me in faith, the road has already been paved and the journey is very smooth.
Even religion requires me to identify with an entity that exists outside of myself.  I have a relationship with the heavens, but what I want is a relationship with the person that the heavens also created, who is myself.   Yes, God is in me, He created me, and does exist within me.   This is not religion, it is Parental. Mom and the sperm donor are also a part of me and exist within me.  Again, parental.    It is not who I am. I am not my feelings or my thoughts.   I am not what I  do or what I have.   I am Marshall Lee Grey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment